The Beforelife | READ MORE

• Publisher: Knopf
    • Release date: April 2, 2002
    • Language: english
    • Genres: poetry
    • ISBN: 9780375709432 (0375709436)
    • Format: paperback, 96 pages
    • Author: Franz Wright
    • Awards: Pulitzer Prize Nominee for Poetry (2002)

About The Book

In this stunning collection, Franz Wright chronicles the journey back from a place of isolation and wordlessness. After a period when it seemed certain he would never write poetry again, he speaks with bracing clarity about the twilit world that lies between madness and sanity, addiction and recovery. Wright negotiates the precarious transition from illness to health in a state of skeptical rapture, discovering along the way the exhilaration of love — both divine and human — and finding that even the most battered consciousness can be good company.

Whether he is writing about his regret for the abortion of a child, describing the mechanics of slander (“I can just hear them on the telephone and keening all their kissy little knives”), or composing an ironic ode to himself (“To a Blossoming Nut Case”), Wright’s poems are exquisitely precise. Charles Simic has characterized him as a poetic miniaturist, whose “secret ambition is to write an epic on the inside of a matchbook cover.” Time and again, Wright turns on a dime in a few brief lines, exposing the dark comedy and poignancy of his heightened perception.

Here is one of the poems from the collection:

Description of Her Eyes

Two teaspoonfuls,

and my mind goes

everyone can kiss my ass now —

then it’s changed,

I change my mind.

Eyes so sad, and infinitely kind.

From the Hardcover edition.

Hardback ebook The Beforelife by Franz Wright on Book Depository. MP3 The Beforelife buy cheap for Kindle. FB2 book The Beforelife download on Kobo. MOBI ebook The Beforelife Franz Wright read reader. EPUB The Beforelife by Franz Wright read online on PC.

PDF book The Beforelife buy on Dymocks. FictionBook ebook The Beforelife download iPhone on Amazon. Hardcover book The Beforelife Franz Wright. TXT The Beforelife buy on Booktopia. Paperback book The Beforelife by Franz Wright on iPad.

Online ebook The Beforelife download. EPUB The Beforelife Franz Wright read for PocketBook on Audible. TXT The Beforelife Android. PDF ebook The Beforelife by Franz Wright download on Books-a-Million. MOBI book The Beforelife buy cheap for iOS.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: The Beforelife by Franz Wright — PDF download – 9780375709432
あなたの情報: