• Publisher: Scholastic
    • Language: english
    • Release date: November 1, 2003
    • Places: Fenwick Island, Delaware
    • Author: Karen Hesse

About The Book

Thursday, February 28, 1861

P. Cloudy. Wind N.W. Fresh

Mr.Lincoln has arrived at last in Washington….

In one week, he inherits the trouble of this great, unhappy country. In one week, the responsibility will be his — whether we come together again a Union,or fall entirely to pieces. And here we sit, in Delaware, on the border between North and South, half the state hauling slaves, half the state opposed to the practice….

It is hard enough to hold a family together. Poor Mr. Lincoln. It is in his hands to hold a whole country together…. My hands are calloused and strong from rowing and working the ropes, from lifting and carrying barrels of oil and scrubbing stone floors and spiral stairs, but I do not know if they are strong enough to hold Mother and Father together.

Mr. Lincoln’s hands… they must be a thousand times stronger than mine. Please God, give Mr. Lincoln strong hands.

FictionBook book A Light in the Storm buy Mac on Barnes & Noble. MP3 A Light in the Storm Karen Hesse. Hardback ebook A Light in the Storm download on Books-a-Million. FB2 ebook A Light in the Storm by Karen Hesse read on Android. Online book A Light in the Storm read online for PocketBook on Booktopia.

MOBI A Light in the Storm Karen Hesse. TXT A Light in the Storm by Karen Hesse download on Kobo. Paperback book A Light in the Storm buy cheap for iOS. PDF ebook A Light in the Storm read on reader. Hardcover A Light in the Storm by Karen Hesse download on Bookshop.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (ePUB) A Light in the Storm (Dear America) • 9780439555357
あなたの情報: