(Audiobook) Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero · 9781935955955

ホーム フォーラム バッグ全般 (Audiobook) Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero · 9781935955955

このトピックには0件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。3 年、 9 ヶ月前 Anna Mcgovern さんが最後の更新を行いました。

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #4341 返信

Anna Mcgovern

Gabi, a Girl in Pieces
    by Isabel Quintero

📕 Gabi, a Girl in Pieces – READ MORE 📕

• Release date: October 14, 2014
    • Genres: fiction, contemporary, poetry, teen, lgbt, family
    • Awards: California Book Award for Young Adult (Gold) (2014), William C. Morris YA Debut Award (2015), Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2017), Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award Nominee (2015), Lincoln Award Nominee (2017)
    • Format: paperback, 284 pages
    • Publisher: Cinco Puntos Press
    • Language: english
    • Author: Isabel Quintero
    • Places: Santa Maria, California
    • ISBN: 9781935955955 (1935955950)

About The Book

Gabi Hernandez chronicles her last year in high school in her diary: college applications, Cindy’s pregnancy, Sebastian’s coming out, the cute boys, her father’s meth habit, and the food she craves. And best of all, the poetry that helps forge her identity.

July 24

My mother named me Gabriella, after my grandmother who, coincidentally, didn’t want to meet me when I was born because my mother was unmarried, and therefore living in sin. My mom has told me the story many, many, MANY, times of how, when she confessed to my grandmother that she was pregnant with me, her mother beat her. BEAT HER! She was twenty-five. That story is the basis of my sexual education and has reiterated why it’s important to wait until you’re married to give it up. So now, every time I go out with a guy, my mom says, “Ojos abiertos, piernas cerradas.” Eyes open, legs closed. That’s as far as the birds and the bees talk has gone. And I don’t mind it. I don’t necessarily agree with that whole wait until you’re married crap, though. I mean, this is America and the 21st century; not Mexico one hundred years ago. But, of course, I can’t tell my mom that because she will think I’m bad. Or worse: trying to be White.

Gabi is Isabel Quintero’s debut novel.

Named to Kirkus Reviews Best Books of 2014

Named to School Library Journal Best Books of 2014

MP3 book Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero read online on Bookshop. PDF ebook Gabi, a Girl in Pieces download for Android. TXT Gabi, a Girl in Pieces Isabel Quintero on reader on Kobo. Hardback Gabi, a Girl in Pieces buy. MOBI book Gabi, a Girl in Pieces download on Amazon.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (Audiobook) Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero · 9781935955955
あなたの情報: